Five Interesting Facts About Asbestos and the Navy [Infographic]
1. 33% of those diagnosed with mesothelioma have been shown to involve military or shipyard exposures.
2. U.S. Navy Veterans Have the Highest Incidence of Asbestos-Related Disease.
3. Professions with highest risk of exposure include: Machinist’s Mate, Engineman, Boiler Technician, and Gas Turbine Technician.
4. The USS Enterprise has an on-board team of eight to 10 people that isolate and remove asbestos whenever it is found on the ship.
5. Asbestos use in the U.S. military continued well into the 1970s.
The infographic below was created by Sokolove Law and provides you with even more facts about asbestos in the Navy.
— Got #Mold?™ (@gotmoldglobal) October 23, 2012