Top 15 Mold and Asbestos Articles in November
November was our second busiest month ever, ending with 13,754 views. Compared to last November, we had 10,000 more views. Interesting to note, our average daily views was actually higher in November than October. In October, we averaged 445 views per day; in November, we averaged 458 views per day, meaning that if there were 31 days in November, this would have been our best traffic month ever at around 14,198. So far this year, our site has nearly 109,000 views, thanks to all of our followers and avid readers for sharing and reading our content! Below are the top 15 articles based on viewership in November. Enjoy!
1. Can Mold Cause Parkinson’s Disease?: Recently, there have been several news reports about the link between Parkinson’s disease and mold. Parkinson’s disease (PD), discovered by Dr. James Parkinson in 1817, is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system caused by the death of dopamine-generating cells in a region of the midbrain. Symptoms are movement-related, including shaking, rigidity, and walking difficulties. Later stages of PD include thinking and behavioral problems, and eventually dementia when the disease is in the advanced stage.
2. Why Should I Have a Mold Inspection?: Great question! Mold is nature’s recycler. The main purpose of mold: breakdown and eat dead organic matter! Without mold, dead organic material would not decay and just continue to pile up. We need mold as it plays an intricate part in maintaining our Eco-system. When you go outside, you are constantly exposed to mold spores, but the concentration of the mold is manageable and for most people does not pose a risk.
3. Why Should I have an Indoor Air Quality Test?: Excellent question because the air quality of your home will have an overall impact on your health. Contact an indoor air quality specialist, like Got Mold?, if you smell a mildewy odor, experience consistent allergic reactions, respiratory issues, or sinus infections.
4. What Should I Do If I Have Mold In My Apartment?: This is a commonly asked question by tenants who face mold issues in their apartments or rental homes. The good news is that there are actions you can take to try to resolve the issues. The bad news is that there are no Federal laws governing Landlord-Tenant relationships in either Canada or the United States. Landlord-Tenant relationships are under the jurisdiction of the State or Province that you may live in. With this in mind, here are some links that may help you:
5. What is Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome?: Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), also known as Sick Building Syndrome (SBS), is a combination of illnesses or aliments that are in direct relation with an individual’s place of work or home environment.
7. Rashes Caused By Mold: Mold is an allergen. One of the prevalent symptoms of mold exposure is skin rashes.
8. Mold and Illness: Since launching the Got Mold? blog, we have posted nearly 350 articles. Out of interest, I decided to review our blog for all of the articles that we researched and wrote specifically about mold and health issues. Below are links to 40 articles that we believe will be of interest, in addition to being a tremendous reference source for you to share with friends and family.
9. Interview With a Toxic Mold Survivor: To learn more about her toxic mold experience, I interviewed Gina over the phone. Both Gina and I hope that her story and experience will help other toxic mold survivors.
10. Actress Brittany Murphy & Husband May Have Died Because Of Mold: An interesting article was brought to our attention today in regards to Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy possibly dying from exposure to toxic mold in her home.
11. The Doctors TV Show Discusses Mold: Here are the Top Ten Mold Tips made by the Doctors and the Environmental Protection Agency.
13. Did Mold Kill Stacy Bowman?: In the news was a story about a pregnant woman in the UK, Stacy Bowman, who died in her sleep. This is a very sad story because this death could have been prevented. Here are the facts.
14. Thinking of Buying A Home, Look For These Moldy Clues: Here are three clues that you should look for when you are investigating a home purchase.
15. Got Mold Calgary Franchise Update: On October 23rd, we announced the opening of a new location for Got Mold? in Calgary, Alberta. The Calgary franchisee has been busy servicing customers.
— Got #Mold?™ (@gotmoldglobal) December 12, 2013