Why Restoration Professionals Should Avoid Using Bleach

Why Restoration Professionals Should Avoid Using Bleach
got mold’s mission and quest is to create awareness and help educate consumers about the growing concerns about mold. Because of our mission, we are fortunate to be given the opportunity to work with industry experts, including Michael Pinto, who share our belief that an educated consumer will be able to make better decisions and choices. Michael currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of Wonder Makers Environmental, Inc. He has more than 30 years of safety and environmental experience from jobs in the private sector, the non-profit arena, and regulatory agencies. Michael is the author of five books, over 150 published articles, and 18 commercial training programs. Michael has graciously allowed Got Mold? to re-publish the article below so that we can share his knowledge and expertise.
Full article “Why Restoration Professionals Should Avoid Using Bleach” See Mold Sensitized

3 thoughts on “Why Restoration Professionals Should Avoid Using Bleach

  1. Ken Jordan

    Finally someone who gets it bleach is also 95% water and it is a stain remover at best. I find most of the contractors who do this have little experience in mold and sewage and have not taken proper classes and get into this business believing they know it all. This could be a very expensive mistake. If you are going to operate in this industry I strongly suggest some IICRC water damage and mold classes and do not stop at wrt for water damage you need to go to applied structural drying. Most guys were using bleach on Katrina and failed miserably the Pittsburg Protocol proved that the majority of the damage was mis-classified as mold when rising water should have been sewage damage at the water line and below is sewage damage above the water line was mold to totally different remediation strategies were needed

Comments are closed.