Do People Really Get Sick From a Little Mold in Their House?

Do People Really Get Sick From a Little Mold in Their House?
Got Mold?’s mission and quest is to create awareness and help educate consumers about the growing concerns about mold. Because of our mission, we are fortunate to be given the opportunity to work with industry experts, including Michael Pinto, who share our belief that an educated consumer will be able to make better decisions and choices. Michael currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of Wonder Makers Environmental, Inc. He has more than 30 years of safety and environmental experience from jobs in the private sector, the non-profit arena, and regulatory agencies. Michael is the author of five books, over 150 published articles, and 18 commercial training programs. Michael has graciously allowed Got Mold? to re-publish the article below so that we can share his knowledge and expertise.
The debate continues to rage. The positions are as polarized as ever. Every new study is scrutinized and dissected with each side pulling tidbits, usually out of context, to support their view. It sounds like the discussion of politics in Washington, D.C. but, unfortunately, it is something that hits restoration contractors much closer to home. The debate is about mold. Specifically, health effects that can reasonably be attributed to mold. And more specifically, health effects that can be attributed to mold at exposure levels that are typically found in homes with limited water damage.

Full article “Do People Really Get Sick From a Little Mold in Their House?” See Mold Sensitized