Blindsided By Mold: A True Story About A Bathroom Renovation Gone Bad
“You see, mold is to the home as “cancer” is to the human body. It is something that everyone fears and many will experience, but few like to talk about.“
Earlier, we posted an article explaining why one should be cautious about doing their own renovations. The story below is an excellent case study of what can go wrong.
At Got Mold? we are constantly trying to learn more about mold. Recently, I came across a great three part blog posting by Trish Holder of Greenspiration Home, dedicated to educating homeowners about green building, renovating, and decorating.
To summarize, after 10 years, this homeowner found a horrific mold problem in her home that was caused by:
1) An improperly installed shower liner that had left the area beneath the shower floor and surrounding areas exposed to moisture and
2) The tile in the shower had been applied directly to sheet rock instead of cement board.
Luckily, this story had a happy ending. Please check out Trish’s blog to learn why this story ended positively and read her recommendations on how you can avoid this problem from happening.
Mold is a growing concern; our goal is to educate and create awareness. The “M” word as Trish references in her article is something we should not shy away from discussing; mold is an issue and we need to and must create awareness.
If you have questions, call us toll free, 1-888-909-6653 or use the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
— #GotMold?™ (@gotmoldglobal) May 4, 2014