Dogs have been used for years by military and law enforcement agencies to detect bombs and drugs, among other things. In Europe, dogs have been used to detect mold for over 20 years.
Mold frequently grows in hidden places, inside wall cavities, underneath floors and in inaccessible areas and is often not visible until the problem is more advanced. When moisture builds up from leaky pipes, roofs, basements or high humidity, conditions are ideal for mould growth. Moulds are easily disturbed and their spores can become airborne causing a possible threat to the building or the health of the occupants. Exposure to some types of moulds can cause serious health effects such as respiratory infection, asthma attacks, skin rashes, eye infections, ear infections, nosebleeds and headaches. In rare cases toxic mould can cause cancer and even death.
Certified Mold Dogs detect and pinpoint exact areas of mold, which leads to lower remediation costs for homeowners and insurers.
A MOLD DOG can get to places faster than people, and can detect mold in places that people can’t reach. Human inspectors might be in a building for four hours performing Indoor Air Quality tests and sampling and even using thermal imaging cameras before finding the mold where as a mold dog can sniff it out and represents the newest tool for consumers in North America to detect and more importantly, pinpoint mold in structures, thus lowering remediation costs.
Top 5 Reasons to use a mold dog
1. Mold Dogs are a Proven Technology. In Europe, dogs have been used to detect mold for over 20 years.
2. A Mold Dog is an Effective Problem Solver. Mold Dogs can quickly and more accurately inspect a home.
3. A Mold Dog’s Nose is a More Accurate Tool. The “Nose” is cutting-edge technology in the home inspection industry. It is the only inspection tool that can detect and pinpoint sources of mold.
4. A Dog Will Help You Manage Your Exposure to Mold. Quicker and more accurate detection of mold leads to lower remediation costs. For schools, hotels, commercial, and government buildings, savings can be quite substantial.
5. A Dog Provides Honest and Credible Results. Mold-detection dogs aren’t biased.