Mold in the News: Issue 141

Mold in the News: Issue 141
At Got Mold? our goal is to keep our followers aware of mould related news stories. Each day, we scour the internet looking for relevant information. Here are 16 stories we thought may interest you!
Please share this information so that we can continue to increase awareness of mould and mould related illnesses. Follow us on twitter because we tweet important mould news.
Mold: The Four Letter Word in Insurance: I remember my first phone call after new language concerning mold was introduced to policyholders: “I see you cover mold now! I was just looking at my shower and noticed some mold there!” So began my career of explaining the intricate subject of coverage for mold.
Mouldy walls are damaging baby’s health, says Derby Homes tenant: A MUM says she is desperate for the severe mould problem in her council house to be resolved, as it is causing her baby health problems.
Tips to tackle an unwanted winter visitor: Mould found on windows, floors and even in bedding can cause severe reactions for those with allergic conditions such as atopic eczema, rhinitis and asthma.
Air Quality At Wilton’s Miller-Driscoll School To Be Re-Tested: In response to parents’ concerns regarding indoor air quality at Miller-Driscoll School— Wilton’s oldest school— the district will conduct a comprehensive evaluation.
UBC Geography Building users worried about asbestos, mould, noise: Students and staff raised concerns regarding the safety of the Geography Building at a town hall meeting on Friday. The past nine months have seen ongoing construction on the building for renovations. Attendees voiced concerns about air quality, mould, asbestos, noise, seismic safety and foul language by the construction workers.
Several Davenport classrooms evacuated after mold discovered: Students at Loughman Elementary School in Davenport are back from holiday vacation, but some won’t step foot into their own classrooms. Several rooms have been evacuated after mold was discovered inside.
Councillors slam programme aimed to eliminate damp in social housing: THE effectiveness of a programme to tackle damp and mould in social housing has been slammed by councillors.
Mold in New London City Hall: Mold has taken over City Hall in New London and there may not be enough money in the budget to get rid of it.
Missing cap let water into court, causing mold: A missing aluminum cap is blamed for most of the moisture infiltration in the Farrell district court building, Mercer County Commissioner John M. Lechner said. The cap was supposed to cover “a shared block wall between the two sides of the structure,” he said. “Over time, water got down in the wall and started the mold growth.”
CPD Headquarters May Have Mold Problem Following Flood: The flood at the Columbus Police Headquarters created a safety concern for the hundreds of employees and dozens of taxpayers who use the building daily. Black mold is one among many concerns. Police Union President Jason Pappas snapped a photo of it growing behind some wallpaper.
Families battling mold in Gainesville apartment complex: Both she and her two daughters suffer from asthma, so after spotting mold on the ceiling of her bathroom, Brown immediately called maintenance. She was ignored for months. Finally, maintenance came by and discovered the toilet in the apartment upstairs was leaking. The worker sprayed the room with bleach and painted over the area.
Mold abatement: McDowell project a necessity: With hope, a long-planned mold abatement project at the historic McDowell County Courthouse in Welch will be getting underway soon. The project is necessary and should go a long way toward improving the overall air quality for both employees and visitors to the public facility.
Mould gets expert test: NEW spores of information have emerged in the mould fiasco at John Hunter Hospital, with fungi and bacteria experts revealing they are investigating the issue and trying to assist staff who are falling ill.
Home plagued by mould and damp: Cody Addison, 21, says her home is plagued with damp and the walls and many of her’s and her two-year-old son Michael’s belongings, including Michael’s babywalker are covered in “fluffy mould”.
Blackburn homes plagued with mould: FAMILIES whose homes are plagued with damp and mould have launched a Facebook campaign, calling for action.
MISC. (1)
Windsor family finally returns home after being forced out by mould: A family of five has finally been able to go home thanks to the kindness of strangers after being forced out by a devastating mould infestation in August 2013.