A Visual Guide to Damp, Mold and Indoor Air Pollution [Infographic]
The infographic below was created by UK based, Crown Preservation, to provide some visual facts and information about the concerns caused by damp, mold, and indoor air pollution. Some key points related to asthma, include the following:
1. 29% to 33% of new-onset adult asthma is attributable to work-related exposures.
2. 23% of existing adult asthma is exacerbated by work.
3. Building dampness and mold raised the risk of a variety of respiratory and asthma-related health outcomes by 30% to 50%.
4. 4.6 million out of 21.8 million reported asthma cases in the US are attributable to dampness and mold.
5. The annual cost of asthma in the US is $3.5 billion.
— #GotMold?™ (@gotmoldglobal) July 9, 2014