We will help will restore your home or business after a disaster. Fire or smoke damage, water damage from a burst pipe, leaking roof, sewer backup, flooded basement or a plumbing problem, we can help. Our team at got mold?™ can also help with complete insurance restoration projects.
The got mold?™ team are fire damage restoration experts. We are on call 24/7.
Common sewer backups are caused by flooding, when pipes underground begin to overflow.
If your home is flooded and experiences water damage, got mold?™ can help.
The experts at got mold?™ can help you recover from a disaster that hits your home or business. We provide 24×7 emergency remediation and restoration services to help ensure you are back to normal quickly and affordably.
Our services include
Each spring and summer, communities across Canada are impacted by flooding.
Particularly in communities near a river system, rising water levels can cause serious property flood damage through flash flooding once the snow and ice melt.
Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba have all been impacted in recent years by flooding. Calgary and Alberta being the most prominent recent area to have a serious flood in 2013.
If your home has flood damage, there are steps you need to take to ensure your safety as you begin the flood restoration process.
Often, water inside a flooded home is contaminated. Sewage backup in floodwater contains bacteria that can cause serious illness if the proper safety precautions are not made when coming in contact with contaminated floodwater.
Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health for New Brunswick, told Global News residents should wear hip waders, rubber boots and rubber gloves if they’re touching the floodwater.
If you are coming in contact with contaminated water, you should make sure to properly wash your hands before eating or coming in contact with your eyes or face to prevent bacteria causing salmonella or E.coli.
Keeping clean hands and taking the proper safety measures when coming in contact with floodwater can prevent bacterial illnesses that often see an uptick in areas that experience flooding.
While floodwater poses the most likely bacterial threat, drinking water can be a concern if the water supply also becomes contaminated.
Public health advisories suggest checking with local authorities to see if drinking water is safe or if there is a boil water advisory in place after a flood.
If you have well water, you need to test your well water before drinking it. New Brunswick says that if the floodwaters went higher than your well, it’s potentially contaminated, and you should wait 10 days and then get its water tested.
One of the biggest, and most common, hazards after a flood is mold.
All items contaminated from mold should be removed from the home. got mold?™ also advises property owners to open windows and turn on fans to dry out things as quickly as possible to prevent further mold growth.
If your home is damaged from a fire, got mold?™ can also help. Our team provides restoration services for buildings impacted by fire damage.
If your home or commercial property experiences fire damage, Book an Appointment or call got mold?™ to help with the restoration process.
A professional Mold Remediation and Mold Inspection is also advised to ensure Indoor Air Quality in your home after a flood.
Those in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Western Manitoba can call got mold?™ 1.888.909.MOLD  for our award-winning Mold Remediation and Mold Inspection services.
A very thorough inspection was carried out, going just over the one-hour time frame suggested. Besides inspecting all the appropriate housing spaces, there was also ample opportunity for us to provide relevant information and history, and to ask questions. A comprehensive report was provided with options for dealing with the issues.
“My husband and I wreaked the havoc of an awful windstorm of our home in White City in August of this year. The storm literally ripped a large portion of our roof off our home. As it rained within the home that night, we knew it wouldn’t be long for mold to set in. We called and got mold?™ was literally there in no time to assess the damage and immediately began the removal and drying process before any mold had a chance to set in. They were very professional, understanding, and knowledgeable, and his crew did not waste any time! James takes all necessary precautions to keep his employees safe, which was nice to see. I would highly recommend them to anyone that may face similar circumstances.”