Most people discover signs of mold visually through the presence of black mold or other mold growths in the building environment. However, your nose can signal you to potential mold damage in your home or commercial building through the scent of mold. A musty or earthy smell, commonly associated with older homes, is a sign of potential mold damage and should be treated seriously to prevent health risks associated with mold exposure.
Mold and mildew odors are both caused due to the presence of ecological fungi in the air, in the ventilation of a building, inside walls or hidden in other parts of the built environment. Mold is thicker than mildew, so if the smell is strong, it is a sign of clear mold growth and you should act fast to book Mold Removal services to prevent the issue from worsening.
In other cases, mold growth can be caused due to the weather. A long period of rain can make houses smell musty from time to time. However, if the smell persists, a Mold Inspection is needed.
If you suspect a musty or earthy smell, contact the Indoor Air Quality professionals at got mold?™ to make sure that your home or commercial property does not have a mold risk due to the presence of potential mold smell.
If you suspect mold growth due to a musty or earthy scent in your home or commercial building, contact the Indoor Air Quality professionals at got mold?™ for our Mold Inspection and Mold Remediation services. Our team can handle the process from inspection to removal of potential mold from your home to ensure safe indoor air in your built environment
Talk to the pros today or call 1.855.263.1796 to speak to one of our experts.